131020 - Maintainenance Worker - 100% FTE
- Opportunity Type:
- Position Type:
- Hours of Work/Shifts per Cycle:
- Post Date:
December 10, 2013
- Close Date:
January 10, 2014
About Bethany Didsbury
Bethany Didsbury is Bethany’s newest project that is scheduled to be open in late spring of 2014. It is a 100 private suite supportive living. Care will be provided for residents 24 hours, 7 days per week by licensed practical nurses, health care aides, and other care providers.
About the Position
Bethany Didsbury is seeking a talented Maintenance Worker for this new site. You will be responsible for day-to-day general maintenance duties in a senior’s residential building. Your duties include general maintenance, in-suite repairs, and maintaining building operations and mechanical systems.
As the ideal candidate, you will possess:
• A High School Diploma or equivalent.
• The ability to perform a variety of general maintenance repairs as well as perform manual labour e.g. moving furniture & equipment.
• The ability to perform basic plumbing, carpentry, electrical, drywall repairs and painting required.
• A 5th Class Power Engineering or other trades experience preferred.
• Previous experience within a health care setting is an asset.